2006/11/21

[tutor][video]Making of PHS J98 mobile phone (NURBS)






Animated PHS J98
GIF 01, GIF 02

This video tutorial demo you how to model a PHS mobile phone, advanced NURBS modeling. Please note you need npower Power NURBS plugin to make this model. After modeling with NURBS method, I convert it to mesh and apply finalrender material to it and render with HDRI background/lighting.

Video tutorials (running time: 4h 43mins, split into 14 videos. Please note this does not include the material and lighting tutorial)

01

02

03

04

05

06

07

08

09

10

11

12

13

14


Material and lighting:

Material 1, 2, 3, 4
I use Finalrender stage-1 to make material for this cell phone. I use fR-Metal for the black part of the phone. fR-Car paint for the silver part of it. fR-glass for the plastic buttons. fR-Cd material for the laser laber (the PHS).
Lighting
I set the skylight value to 0.9 and I use the a HDRI for the lighting and copy it to the environment.

6 comments:

aiM23 said...

Execellent sir,i'm confuse whether this one is real or made by you.
plz

hammerbchen said...

Hi deep:

All images post in here are CG images, not real stuff. You can see real pictures of PHS J98 in reference image plan in the video tutorial.

aiM23 said...

Sir i like to make my carrer in lighting and texturing. Plz give some valuable tips if youi have some time.
thankful to you if you'll give response to me

hammerbchen said...

Hi deep:

If you need any help related to CG, please feel free to e-mail me (hammerbchen@gmail.com)

gayathri said...

Hi sir, really tht's good, but can u mail me the tutorial in the form of words, if u hav with u???

hammerbchen said...

I am sorry there is no written tutorial for this one.